Sunday, June 27, 2010

>How was your Saturday?

>Our Saturday was...interesting. Stressful, exhausting, and defeating. We were woken up around 2:30am by Josh's phone ringing. I thought it was his alarm and told him to go turn it off. It was NOT the alarm; it was my MIL. She had called a few times. I could only hear one side of the conversation. I heard, "what are you talking about?, We're sleeping". I didn't hear Josh's voice anymore but I heard him go outside. I thought he had gone outside so that he didn't wake my mom up. After a few minutes, I didn't hear him come back in. I got up to look out the window; I almost fell on the ground. There were 3 police officers in the driveway talking to Josh. A million thoughts went through my mind. I had no idea what so many officers would be doing at my house around 3am. I threw on some shorts and one of Josh's t-shirts and waddled my way out the front door. Get this...someone came into our driveway and stole Josh's truck. Yep, you read that right; STOLE it. When he took the truck, he also hit my mom's car. Here's the story...the police showed up at my MIL's house looking for Josh b/c his truck was found on the side of E. Cherokee (the main road we live off of). They wanted to know where he was but assumed he was fine b/c he was not with the vehicle. She immediately told the police that she KNEW it was not her son b/c 1)he has a very pregnant wife and a one year old and 2)he would never leave the scene of an accident. She could not figure out how or why his truck had been in an accident. So, she started calling us. Luckily, Josh answered when he did or my in-laws would have been at our house too. According the to officers, there was a party in our neighborhood that they broke up. When the busted the party, someone ran. This someone not only stole and wrecked (totaled) our vehicle but also went to another neighborhood and stole another truck and wrecked that one. Josh's truck was impounded/towed to a yard and there it sits. We called the ins company to start the claim process. When we went back to bed, that was all we knew. Josh spent a lot of the day dealing w/the non-sense. He went to the impound yard to try to get his tools out of his truck, he went to the jail to raise a stink b/c he was not allowed to retrieve the items he needs for work, he went to the detective's office to find out more information on this case. An officer showed up here around 5:30 yesterday afternoon. He gave Josh a release for impound and had a little bit more information. The "suspect" (no arrests have been made) is a male 17-18 years old and was picked up and pictures taken of injuries. He had lots of blood on his knuckles. They THINK this is the guy. We really hope it is. They are supposed to dust the truck for prints and we go from there. We are both pretty upset over this. Josh blames himself, which he just can't do; b/c it is not his fault that some idiot decided to be...well, an idiot. We both feel really violated. We're thankful that our family remained safe but I'm really angry. I want to find this teenager and beat some sense into him. Josh wanted a new truck but it was not something that we were going to buy right.now. But, now we HAVE to; Josh has to get a vehicle. I'm pissed off b/c this idiot did something so stupid and we have to pay for it. It's not fair and I know that life isn't fair but; come on. I wish I had a picture of that old Toyota; it was a good truck. We will miss it.

Then, around 7, I realized the a/c wasn't working...seriously?! I almost cried. Thank God Josh can fix things. I knew it was getting hot in this house.

Today marks 36w and it's starting w/a bang. I've been crampy all morning and having contractions. Ouch. This baby has definitely dropped more and I'm more uncomfortable. It happens; I'm at the end. Here's the belly


9 comments:

  1. >Oh wow! Sorry you guys had to go through all of that! Your baby belly is too cute! Almost there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. >Oh wow, that is quite a day! You can definitely tell you dropped! Are you all ready?

    ReplyDelete
  3. >Oh my - he has dropped! I'm so sorry this happened to you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. >WOW! What a scary weekend! I am so sorry you guys are dealing with that but I am happy you are all safe! Hang in there and try to rest!

    ReplyDelete
  5. >So sorry you had a rough Saturday! I'm glad everyone is ok and he didn't try to break into your house!You are so close now...I can definitely tell that the baby has dropped! Only a matter of time before you get to meet your littlest man! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. >What a pain in the ass!! I deal with this nonsense all the time - hope they find the punk!

    ReplyDelete
  7. >What a nightmare. I am so sorry. I think I see a foot sticking out around your belly button though :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. >What a crazy story! So sad that you all are going through that. Sending hugs, and LOVE that Belly!!

    ReplyDelete