Sunday, August 26, 2012

Weekend

Yes, it's Sunday and I'm going to post about our weekend. Friday night we headed out to the rodeo (brought the camera but they weren't allowed) with some friends and their kids. I didn't think any of the kids would actually sit and watch but they still liked it. They liked running from us and having us chase them, they liked eating dinner with no table and drinking Sprite. They liked watching the barrel races and they liked visiting all of the quarter horses. Those horses are beautiful! The horse owners were very nice and didn't mind that we pet them. It wound up being a very late night but everyone was happy; isn't that all that matters? Yesterday started with soccer meet and greet. We would be the lucky ones to get the team with no coach. After the coordinator tried to convince me to coach (good joke dude, I'll be bringing 2 kids alone most weeks and I want to take photos not coach), two other dads stepped up. The kids were all very cute and it should be a fun season. We might even make some new friends. Once our soccer meeting was over we headed over to IHop for breakfast with the in-laws and then we went to their house to play.

Parker asked my mil if he could see the horsies so off they went. She has 3 horses (and I don't know anything about horses so I'll call 2 of them regular and Gizmo a pony). I know that Gizmo is a pony. My kids always pet/ride Giz. He's super friendly and very, very docile. He just stands there and lets the kids pet him, he loves treats and doesn't mind being saddled up.  **sorry that these have my photography logo on them....the full size files were taking too long to upload; I used my resizing program and it includes a logo***















3 comments:

  1. EEEK! so cute! KP LOVES riding horses! I'm thinking we should have her take horse back riding lessons when she's bigger!

    ReplyDelete