Thursday, August 30, 2012

Update time

So I had my appointment yesterday and we got mixed news. I'll be honest and upfront, just after my appointment I was not worried just concerned as the dr said I should be and then I googled...I'll get to that. First let's go with the good stuff! I thought I was 10w4d yesterday; little baby measured 12w1d so they moved my due date to March 12. woot, woot!! Everything (uultrasound wise) looked great for the NT scan. The baby has a good strong heartbeat of 162 (and before you go saying, omg girl...my boys had high heart rates as well). YAY for a healthy baby in there with a good heartbeat!

Here's the 'concerning' part. I have something called amniotic banding. Basically, there are 2 pockets of fluid present. If I had to guess, I'd say that baby is in the side that is 80% and the other pocket is 20% of my uterus. Here's how the dr. explained it to us. During implantation, weird things happen...the pocket could be old blood from implantation; it could be a blighted twin.  A blighted twin just means that there were 2 eggs implanted and one never developed into a baby but there's still a pocket present. MOST times the body absorbs the fluid and sometimes the fluid travels and bleeding occurs. She said that if I have any bleeding to NOT panic, call them and get in for an u/s the next day or that day if they have any availability. She made this comment "we don't want baby getting all tangled up in this". I did not know what that meant...but I do now, thanks to google. There is something called amniotic banding syndrome and  baby gets dianosed with this AFTER birth IF they get mixed up in the fluid area where the banding is. Here's what happens...if the baby flings a body part into that area, blood flow is cut off and development stops (this could mean nubs for fingers, missing fingers, missing limbs). now, since my baby is being a good boy or girl and is not in w/the banding we don't have any of that going on...this is why we are watching it. I won't lie on here, yesterday I sat here and  cried and just prayed that this banding will resolve itself and that the baby  will stay on his/her side of it. Now that I'm tying it out, it sounds so selfish. there's nothing to worry about right now, yet I made my self sick and sat here and cried for a good hour over the 'ifs'. I need to enjoy this. It is my last pregnancy.

Do you really want pics of my uterus? Sure you do! All of these photos are upside down because baby was face down/on his or her belly.



For good measure; Here's a belly pic I took this morning 12w2d!




2 comments:

  1. I'll keep you and baby in my prayers. I'm sure that everything will work out just fine and it's a good thing you know about it and can watch it!

    P.S. - Little one is super adorable and you and that little bump are too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are in my prayers and I'm glad that you are aware of it and your dr. is keeping a close watch on it. Hugs and baby looks nice a cozy in there!!

    ReplyDelete