The first thing I made was pudding. He LOVES all things chocolate (what can I say, he's my boy). When I put the avocado in the food processor, he said, "Parker food". I just let him think it was for Parker.





Ingredients
1/4 c. trans-fat free margarine spread
1 c. avocado puree
1 c. powdered sugar
1/2 c. unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/4 c. cornstarch
Directions
Melt margarine over low heat. Stir in avocado puree, sugar, cocoa powder, and vanilla. Cook, mashing well to smooth out lumps of avocado, until mixture thickens, 3-4 minutes. Remove from heat, gradually add cornstarch. Serve warm.
Number of Servings: 10
What was the result? My taste tester definitely approved! He even ate some more at dinner with his grilled cheese. Anytime I can get that fatty avocado in him, I will...even if it means hiding it in some chocolate pudding.





Oh wait-I know you want to know if I tried it right? I totally did and it tastes like delicious icing!

>Oh wow I need to dig my book back out, M could actually eat that. I barely get veggies in him either.
ReplyDelete>mmmmm you know i'm totally trying it. Maybe I'll even put it on brownies.
ReplyDelete