Friday, December 17, 2010

>Stress

>What does stress do to you? It makes me EAT. Yes, you read that right. I get stressed out and I stuff my face and you know it's not with apples and carrots. I go straight for the oreos and doritos. Once upon a time, I ran. I'd have a bad day and a good run (you know the ones where it just hurts and there's sweat dripping and it feels oh so good) would make it all better. Fast forward...2 kids later and I eat. I never knew I was a stress eater until a few months ago. Both kids would be screaming and I would want to pull my hair out so...to the pantry I'd go. Now, if you have any tips at all for me, I'd LOVE to know what I can do to break this nasty pattern. I have also noticed that between 3-4, I munch. I have tried drinking water, chewing gum...nothing works. I have to get out of this funk though...please share your wisdom! I want to get back to the gym; I really do. I need a swift kick in the butt.

2 comments:

  1. >Hugs!! Been there done that.Not sure if you want tough love or not but ....the best advice I have is to get it in your head how bad you want to change the habit and JUST DO IT. :) Yes, easier said than done sometimes but I can tell you I have totally been there. I was a muncher around the 3-4 hour of day too. If you gotta munch make sure you ONLY keep healthy munchies around. For me an apple with a dab of PB on it does the trick or a few almonds and an orange. Also, something about my regular cup of coffee that time of day does something to me to 1. perk me up and 2. get rid of the munch fest feeling. As for the running, if you can get a sitter even for 30 minutes you and I both know how much you can get done for yourself in that amount of time. Schedule it if you have to ...weeks in advance even, but it's important for your sanity. I think about you often and wish I was closer. I'd love to help out so you can get back to where you want to be with running and working out. I know it is super hard with 2 little ones but seriously don't give up and think it won't ever happen. It will! I am a prime example of how it can.

    ReplyDelete
  2. >Find a 5k or another race in your area a few months out and sign up! Do you have a friend that can become a workout buddy and you can hold each other accountable?Wait I have a better idea, I want to run a 1/2 marathon in April so just move here and we'll train with strollers together! :O)

    ReplyDelete