Sunday, August 23, 2009

cake

For Conner's birthday, I want a 2 tiered cake. I found this one and immediately fell in love. Well, I'm not much of a baker. Josh doesn't eat sweets so I haven't been forced to practice and perfect the art of baking. My sister's roommate, Bri, is a baker though. She loves to bake. While they were here we were talking cupcakes and birthday parties. I showed them what I found and Bri was immediately up for the challenge; well, as long as Katie agreed to be the artist behind the decorations. We went to Wal-Mart and bought the pans and dowells and they got to work. We They didn't really decorate it but I really just wanted to see the tiers together. It was a success. Bri wanted to take the pans and dowells home with her to practice. Of course I said yes!!! They are saving me $180! WAHOO!

The decorations will be more like the cake I found. There will be a sock monkey topper on it.


Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. YAY!!! So glad you were able to recreate it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is amazing. I can't wait to see the one at his party!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great!!! What size pans did you get? I'm going to make a 2-tier monkey cake for Sean's party.

    ReplyDelete