Friday, August 14, 2009

>The end of the first week.

>
Today marks the end of the first week of school. No, I didn't return but I have had mixed emotions.

I loved teaching. Being in the classroom came so naturally to me. I adored the kids, loved the teachable moments, the cutting up, getting to know my kids. I loved seeing the lightbulb go off. I was so proud of my class. Always. Yes, we had bad days but we had tons of fun. I tried to make learning fun. If it's fun, they remember it. They knew I cared. It was never questioned. Thier parents knew I cared. Teaching was my life. It consumed me.

Now that I'm a mom, I can't imagine teaching. Staying at home with Conner is so much fun; even on the really challenging days. I love teaching him new things and watching him grow and learn. Seeing life through his eyes is amazing.

Will I ever go back? Possibly. One day. Maybe. I'm not sure.

1 comment:

  1. >You are giving Conner a priceless gift. He will thank you one day...I promise!

    ReplyDelete