Friday, August 7, 2009

>exhausted

>This post isn't going to be rainbows and puppy dogs.

I'm exhausted to the point of tears. Conner was up for 2 hours last night. He wasn't hungry, didn't have dirty pants, he was just up. I don't know what to do for this kid. He won't cry it out (and Josh and I both have reservations about it anyway). I've tried (which is how we developed these reservations). He will cry for 2 and 3 hours. The pediatrician said that crying it out isn't going to work for him if he doesn't give in and he just cries and cries. She didn't offer any suggestions because she didn't have any. My kid stupmped the doctor! We have a wedding to go to and quite frankly, I don't want to go. I'm far too tired to act my normal self and I know Conner; after a night like last night today won't be pretty. He got up at 7 and was napping by 9 but he's just going to be off. I know he's cutting molars and also eye teeth (poor baby) but I had given him motrin and teething tablets. He also spit up a few times last night, which is very unusual for him. I think he isn't feeling well but I don't know if it's just teeth or something more. I definitely don't want to encourage this "waking to play". he was doing that about 6 weeks ago and I nipped it. I guess I'll have to nip it again. If anyone has any suggestions (other that crying) let me know. I also don't feel well. I feel like I could throw up. No, I'm not pregnant again; boy wouldn't that be the icing on my sleepless cake?! The fact that C spit up so much last night and now I'm a little nauseous makes me wonder if he has a belly ache. The good part of that is there is no fever. I'm at a loss and feel like I don't know what I'm doing. I actually feel that way more often than not. I have no motivation to do anything at all. I didn't even cook dinner last night. We had sandwiches.

And, he's up. Gotta go, that was a short nap.

2 comments:

  1. >I wish I knew what to say :-( I'm sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. >Bless you heart. I rarely feel like I know what I'm doing with my kids. Also, we had McDonalds last night. Don't beat yourself up, you are an amazing mom and anyone who has spent two seconds with you knows that. Give yourself a hug for me!!

    ReplyDelete