Monday, October 15, 2012

October 15

Today is October 15;It’s Pregnancy Loss Remembrance Day.



 I don't speak of my miscarriage very often and honesty, it is something that I have tried very hard to not let define me as a person. Did it change me, yes; how could it not? However, without that loss, I would not have the two kids I do now. It was a horrible time for me; people, FAMILY members, said some really horrible things to me. My husband was wonderful though the whole thing. It was right before Christmas. We were so excited to see our baby on the ultrasound machine; I was 9.5 weeks and had no complications (spotting) to indicate that anything was wrong. Then we get that news...no heartbeat and baby measuring 3 weeks behind. devastating. The only thing I regret about the whole thing was not getting an additional ultrasound. It probably would not have mattered or changed the outcome but that was always in the back of my mind.I chose, what I thought, the easy way. Take a pill and it would be over. Mistake. I wound up missing more work 10 days later to have a d&c done. The D&C...easy; that was the easiest part. For Christmas that year, I received maternity clothes....from people who knew what had happened. like I really wanted them. It sucked. It's the reason I started this blog and I have 2 beautiful healthy boys; for that I'm thankful. 


On this day, at 7 p.m. your time, grieving families light a candle for their babies lost to miscarriage, stillbirth, or early perinatal death for one hour. As each time zone extinguishes their candles, the next one will light theirs, creating the continuous Wave of Light across the world. Please light a candle tonight for the many many families that have experienced a miscarriage, still born or infant loss.

2 comments:

  1. I am so sorry that you had to go through that. I myself also know what it is like for a pregnancy to end sooner then it should. I can tell it has made you a very strong person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It breaks my heart to think about this and it hurts to see just how many of my blogger friends who have experienced the loss of a precious little one. I will light a candle in honor of your baby tonight. I'm so glad that you have your boys now and that you've found blessings through this heartbreak.

    ReplyDelete