Monday, July 7, 2008

>Maybe it's me?

>I was talking to one of my friends today about baby gear and mentioned that instead of Josh's grandmother helping out with the crib, I'd rather her get me a carseat or high chair. I went on to say that I was not sure if I'd have a shower. She is a SAINT and says that she will do it. I mention that I would ask my MIL if she'd want to help out. I call her (the mil). Here's how the conversation went.
me: Hey
Her: Hey what are you doing?
me: getting ready to vaccuum
Her: oh
Me: I was just talking to Kelly and she wanted to know if you'd be interested in helping her out with my shower.
Her: What, your what? (hateful tone)
Me: I was just talking to Kelly and she wanted to know if you'd be interested in helping her out with my shower.
Her: uh, I guess so. (annoyed)
Me: well, if you don't want to, it's fine. We were just wondering.
Her: yeah, it's fine. I'll call you later. I'm at the store.
Me: Ok, bye.

I wanted to say, bitch, act NICE. If it was a shower for Josh, she'd have a damn petting zoo. The worst part...IF she does decide to help out, she will be very nice to all of my friends. It makes me look like such an asshole. I think she forgets that I have NO family here. Just her, and I really can't f'ing stand her snotty ass. It pisses me off so badly that I could just cry.

On a good note...we got our stimulus check today! I'm buying baby furniture! I'm very excited about that!!

Now I'm going to go vacuum and clean my stairs. My house suffered last week with those cramps!

6 comments:

  1. >Oh, man!!! (I hope she doesn't read your blog. LMAO!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. >You must have been a really horrible person in a past life to deserve a MIL like her. Mine drives me nuts sometimes, but she can't hold a candle to yours. As soon as you have this kid, you deserve a drink for putting up with all her crap!

    ReplyDelete
  3. >I'm sorry your MIL is such a BIATCH to you... especially when you are pregnant with her friggin grandchild! You take care of YOURSELF Julie. Big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. >Oh man, she is brutal. I can't believe she would treat you that way espically while you are pregnant with her grandbaby!

    ReplyDelete
  5. >aw, so sorry jules that she's such a poopy diaper!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. >I'll pick up your MIL slack, love you!

    ReplyDelete