Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Cramping=Hell

Yesterday, my day started out very normal. I slept in; but only because I was up every 3 hours. I ate breakfast and off Harley and I went for our walk. I was about a third of the way into my walk when I started getting some cramps. Of course, I immediately freaked out and went straight home. In 3 hours I had 68 oz of water. The cramping was still there. I emailed my OB and of course I never heard back from him. I decided that I'd just lay down. That worked until I got back up. All this time, I could feel the baby moving around and kicking. Around 5:30 or 6, I decided to just go ahead and call the on call doctor. A semi-nice person called me back within 15 minutes or so. She told me that I was to do nothing. Put my feet up and be sure to drink water. She also told me not to go on my walks for a few days. She really freaked me out when she told me that if the cramping got worse to go to Labor and Delivery. If I still have cramps today, to call the office and go in for a visit. I did as I was told. Low and behold, I STILL have cramps today. I woke up to some round ligament pain. That hurt. I just have dull cramping and I'm trying to decided whether or not I need to call the doc and go back in. I know what they'll do. They will pull out the doppler and listen, which is fine, but I can fell him moving.

I will eat breakfast and then decide. I hope today is not another day of cramp hell.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I hope the cramping stops, Jules. Even if it's nothing (which I'm sure it is), it's still a pain (litterally and figuratively), and naturally it's going to make you worry. I'll be thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete