Wednesday, September 9, 2009

>"A Word From Us Kids"

>I had Arthur on (for background noise) today and in the middle of the show, they do a segment called "A Word From Us Kids" or something like that. Today the kids were talking about fairy tales. Obviously, they had a wonderful teacher. They got to act out the fairy tale. Before they could, each group voted and nominated a director, wrote a script and then assigned character parts. Then the teacher recorded their "plays". This reminded me of myself; not as a student but as a teacher. I LOVED for my kids to act things out. They always did an amazing job. I was always highly entertained and so, so proud. Once we acted out Sherman and his troops burning Atlanta. They acted out scenes in their books; we acted out verbs. We did a lot of reenactment during Social Studies. I found that they retained the information a lot better if they "owned" it. That little segment put tears in my eyes. I sure loved my job. I miss it...but not enough to leave Conner with someone else for me to tend to someone's child. (if that even makes sense)

Photobucket

1 comment: