Monday, September 21, 2009

Weekend News

Our weekend was great! We didn't really do anything spectacular but we were all together and that made it great! Saturday, we went to this Harley dealershop because they were supposed to have a leather expo. Well, because of all of the rain, the expo was cancelled. Conner loved looking at all of the bikes; I think we're in trouble there. I'm going to be a nervous wreck with my kid and husband on bikes. LOL. We had a birthday party to go to for a 7 year old Saturday afternoon. It's so fun to see the difference between boys and girls! I'm certain for Conner's 7th birthday he won't be interested in the same things that little girls are interested in. There was another little one there; he is 19 months old and he definitely didn't like that Conner was chasing him and trying to take his toys.

Yesterday started with breakfast at Waffle House. Conner loves their hashbrowns and waffles. YUM! We braved the torrential downpour and went to IKEA. Oh how I love IKEA. I just wish Conner loved it as much as I do. I can't shop like I used to. LOL. We looked at everything from furniture to toys. We picked up a rug for the living room, Josh got himself a new cutting board and Conner got this great wooden banging toy. I'm not really sure how to describe it. It has a hammer and these pegs that you hit down. He told us that he's really into hitting and banging things. He promised not to hit us so we let him buy it. When we got home, the little man took a nap and then we let him play in the rain. Boy, he LOVED that! Josh put a chicken in the smoker and we just relaxed.

This might have been my favorite weekend in a long time...even with all of this rain. Yes, it's still raining.

How was your weekend?



2 comments:

  1. LOL! he look like he's pondering really hard! "Hmmm...should i chase the dog or take everything out of the kitchen cabinet??"

    ReplyDelete