Thursday, September 3, 2009

Busted mouth

Yep, you read that right. Pass me the "mommy of the year" award. My poor kid. Yesterday I let him play on the deck in his birthday suit. He was SO excited that he jumped and crawled at the same time. He busted his mouth. He was screaming! Blood was pouring out of his mouth and I was freaking out. Of course, Josh wasn't home. I ran inside and got him some ice (those mesh teether things are great for this), and called my mom. I could tell that the gash was a decent size and I was just alarmed with the amount of blood. Of course my mom was able to calm me down. I know that a mouth bleeds more. I also know that they can't stitch it. All rationale went right out the window when I saw the huge blood marks on my shirt. I just felt so awful for my poor baby. The worst part...I was RIGHT there. I gave him some motrin and then I put orajel on his lip before bed. Poor baby. Bad mommy.

See his swollen little lip. :(


I took this today; it shows the boo boo.

5 comments:

  1. Awww...poor kiddo!! Don't feel like a bad mommy, Jules...you are FAR from a bad mommy! I promise. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do deserve the mommy of the year award, for trying to let him do something fun. Give yourself a break my friend, he is lucky to have you!!

    P.S. I let Carson get 18 ant bites today. S*&% happens.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, poor guy! It is the first of many bloody lips I am sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor guy! I'm sure there's plenty more where this came from!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh no!! poor baby!! I hope it heals soon!

    If it makes you feel better, isabel has fallen off the bed....twice. Luckily, kids are tougher than we think!!

    ReplyDelete