Friday, August 15, 2008

>I made it!

>The first week of school is OVER! I am so exhausted and excited that it's done. I don't really care for the first week. It's boring for the teacher because it's just rules and procedures. There are lots of "fluffy" activities that have no academic value. I did get some assessments completed this week, so that is productive. I have a few more students working on the reading one and then I'm done for the first nine weeks. I forgot my camera. Sorry, Maryann, I don't have a picture yet. I will though, I promise.

It's very different for me this year. Not only am I in a new grade level with a new team, but I am also teaching a different gender. Last year, I taught boys. The girls are so very different. It's definitely an adjustment. We will all be fine, but I just have to get used to the girls.

In baby news, the dresser should be here this weekend (yay). Josh says that he will put in the chair rail and we can get it all set up. We just need to order the mattress. I don't know why I'm dragging my feet on that, but I seem to be. I aslo picked up my books from Borders today. You remember the ones...13 for $2.98. I'm very excited to read these to the baby. I don't know how much he likes me talking all day long. I imagine that listening to me "blah, blah" all day is not fun. He's not as active anymore during the day. Perhaps my voice is so soothing that he just goes to sleep? I wonder if he's as tired as I am. My next appt is the 25th. They will be checking for gestinational diabetes. I hope I don't have it. After that appt, I will be on the 2 week appt schedule. I can't belive that. Once upon a time, I thought that this time would never come. I'm very happy to be in my third trimester. We will meet him in (or before) approx. 12 weeks. How EXCITING!

3 comments:

  1. >Promises, promises, that's all I keep hearing Julie:) You can make it up to me by also posting pictures of your nursery once it's completely done. I can't wait to see! I loved helping my sister decorate her classroom. That's why I wanted to see yours. It was always a lot of fun.xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. >Congrats on the first being over and done with!

    ReplyDelete
  3. >I love you in that red dress gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete