
Monday, August 4, 2008
1st day back...
Phew, I am exhausted. I worked all day in my classroom trying to make sense of it all. When I left, it was a little better, but it has a long way to go. I spent all day rearranging and throwing away stuff. I had the wonderful custodians move my desk and a bookcase so that I could try to get something organized. My sister is coming on Wed to help me get a few more things done. It's overwhelming to walk in there and see all of that stuff. There are several teachers who have their rooms completely ready. I'm hoping that mine will be almost done by tomorrow afternoon. Katie can then do some things for me Wed while I'm in meetings. It has to be finished Wed when I leave. We have meet and greet at 7:30am. Yep, in the morning. If it's all done, I can just work on lesson plans for next week. I hate the first week of school. It seems like nothing gets done. It's so blah. All I'll do is go over routines and procedures, which is very important but boring. I may start teaching Thursday or Friday though. I have to start working on a schedule now that we know our specials and lunch times. I think I'll start the day with SS or Science. I just haven't decided. I'll take a pic of my room once it's all ready to go. It should be a fun, but exhausting week.


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You guys go back so early! Wow!!!! Glad your first day went well. I bet you will sleep good tonight.
ReplyDeletewhat grade do you teach Julie?
ReplyDelete