>To me, happiness is not viewed as an "all around" type thing. Over the past day or so, I have been told "I hope you find happiness soon". I'm not confused about my state of happiness at all. Others are. I'm not unhappy, I'm going through a loss and it has it's tough times. I have very happy things going on. My marriage and husband are wonderful, I have a job that I truly enjoy, I have wonderful, amazing friends that I absolutely could not live without. Why does one thing indicate unhappiness when everything else is amazing. Happiness is a state, it does not define a person. Just like depression. NO, I'm not depressed. Yes, I have depressing moments and even hours, but my "state" does not define me as a person. Overall, I'm very happy. My life is complete, yet incomplete. It definitely makes for a confusing situation. I was complete...until I lost a baby. I will forever have a void, but that should and does not indicate unhappiness. It indicates a loss, a sad time and a special, special time. It indicates the happiest of days and the lowest of days. It's a reminder that nothing is guaranteed, miracles occur but don't always stay forever. A friend gave me a quote....I really like it..."Believe in Miracles, but don't depend on them". It might just be my new mantra.
Until next time...I happily wait...even if that means having a few unhappy moments.

>I love your thoughts on happiness and I completely agree. We all have happy moments and unhappy moments but none of those moments define who we are. Am I the "friend" you heard that quote from? It is my new mantra too. It's a good one. So glad I could pass it on.
ReplyDelete>It helps to know we're not alone. even just a little bit.
ReplyDelete