Saturday, September 15, 2012

Saturday Rant

Let me start by saying that I am thrilled that I am pregnant again and are completely blessed and excited that our family is going to grow. Party of 5 here we come!

Now....I have gained almost 10 pounds already (I gained 25 and 28 respectively w/my other two kids). It's a combination of going from clean eating to carb eating, going from hardcore, kick my butt workouts to no workouts. This is k.i.l.l.i.n.g. me. My butt is growing at rates I didn't know it could grow. My sanity suffers. My mental health suffers. I need my workouts. They are my 'drug' of choice. Nothing is better than a runner's 'high', that sore 'OMG I did something yesterday' feeling is awesome. I love when I scratched my thigh that it was firm, not flabby. Being so much more sedentary is not good for my body, mind or soul. I know that there are many, many people that do not work out, even more that do not eat clean but that was/is not me. I have always used exercise as my outlet and not being able to have that outlet is so hard for me. I also do not want to have to lose 40-50 pounds after this pregnancy. How will I make/find the time for exercise after this baby is here. I know, I know, if it's important the time is there. I know that and I tell people that. I make time for my photography, my workouts, cooking clean healthy meals and snacks. I always have. I know that adding one more after having 2 (well, I've heard) is really not that big of a deal. I don't even know where I'm going with this, I just need to vent. I want to add that if my dr tells me no exercise at my next appointment, I will ask why. I will ask if I can swim (which I hate) or do water aerobics (with the old people). If she gives an explanation and tells me no exercise, I will 110% listen. I also know that this weight gain is temporary but damn it weigh is hard to lose and it gets harder every year.

My plan...Right now, I can't exercise. light walking does not equal exercise to me. I can choose to go back to my clean eating ways. That does not mean I will count calories (I didn't anyway). It does mean I will eat more complex carbs, more fruit/veggies, more lean protein. It means I will not eat as many refined (white) carbs. I will limit sugar (which makes me feel terrible after I eat it, any explanation there?). I will not drink coffee without sugar but I will use sugar free (whatever the pumpkin spice isn't sugar free). Ok, I won't cut the sugar out of my coffee or creamer. I'm going to do my best to eat better; it's what I need to do for my body, to combat unhealthy weight gain.

3 comments:

  1. I gained fast with this pregnancy too and I blame it on how sick I was in the beginning. Carbs were the only thing that helped! I've noticed a more normal pattern of eating for me lately. Sounds like you have a great plan in place!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've got this lady friend! Focus on healthy eating, staying active (even if that is just light walking) and growing that little one in your belly. Stress can cause weight gain too ya know! Try not to worry about it so much, I for sure know how hard it is to take weight off, but our bodies were meant to take on weight when we have babies. Just try not to stress too much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So funny...I love it!! What is even worse is when you cant go running and you drive by someone who IS running. IT KILLS ME!!

    You will do great with 3...Congratulations!! Honestly after 2 it's all about crowd control! :)

    ReplyDelete