Monday, February 14, 2011

Weekend

Josh was home this weekend! Yippie! I didn't have any photoshoots so we spent the whole weekend just hanging out and enjoying our family. Saturday, we spent the day looking at minivans. I always said I didn't want to be "that" mom driving a van...until I looked at them with "mom eyes". Now, I want one...bad! They are SO spacious and have tons of storage. We looked at lots of different brands and I think that we will probably go with the Honda Odyssey. We like the Toyota Sienna too but the Odyssey is a little cheaper. Conner loved them too. He kept getting in the front seat and putting his seatbelt on. Then he'd ask if we were ready to "rock and roll". So funny!! Yesterday, we played outside (it was gorgeous here) and guess who went for a run?! Yep, me! I took Parker in the single jogger and he passed out. It was so nice. I was gone for 35 minutes and I walked for the last 7. I must admit that I am pretty proud of myself considering I haven't ran in a really long time. I'm sore today but that's alright, it's a good kind of pain.

The past few days have made me really start to think. I AM feeling better and I'm thinking of taking a step back from my photography. I don't mean shutting down the doors but just not being so busy. I have work to do after my sessions are over and my kids "get in the way" and then I get frustrated. I think I need to get back to my neutral ground before I start taking on more and more again. I at least need to start running on a regular basis to get rid of stress before I continue to add more to it, especially when I know I have a hard time handling it right now. It's not an easy decision to make and I haven't entirely made it. I love my photography. I think that I am fairly good at it and it is certainly and outlet for me. In that aspect I do not want to give it up at all. I guess I just need to do a little more soul searching. I don't have any session scheduled for this week so hopefully, I will get all caught up and can then decide.

A few more funnies from the big boy...

We're at walmart, Josh finds a straw hat and puts it on his head. Conner looks at him and says, "are you going to the farm?".

I'm pumping and Conner wants to know if it's going to be chocolate milk.

5 comments:

  1. I can tell you are feeling better. It shows even through the internet! I'm so happy for you! Well...except for the van part...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad that you got to go for a run. Please know that whatever decision you make about the photography is not forever. You have to do what you have to do to take care of yourself and your family. So happy you are feeling a little better. HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy you had a good weekend

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful pictures. You are very talented!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I could have written this post- I find myself checking out minivans, lol! Also I completely relate to the photography thing. I had plans to set myself up this year but decided the other week that it would just give me more work than I need. If anything I need to cut back on what I do. Instead this year I'm going to focus my photography on really honing my skills so that when the time comes and I can actually set myself up, I will have one KILLER portfolio to go by.

    Have you seen The Fly Lady website? Her philosophy helped me get out of my house tidying rutt- now I clean my sink at the end of each day, and although it doesn't sound much, psychologically it's HUGE for me and it's nice to end the day with something feeling all clean even if the rest of the house needs picking up. And the next morning I have a clean sink too so it gets the day off to a good start.

    Congrats on starting to get out of the hole. I can feel myself slipping back into one this week so I need to do a life audit again.

    ReplyDelete