Thursday, February 24, 2011

Doh

I had a whole blog post written in my head. I forgot what it was! haha! Momnesia at it's finest. Instead, I'll just ramble.

Yesterday, I had my sitter come over so I could clean and get some stuff done without having to worry about the kids. It was great. parker napped, she took Conner outside and I got a lot done. My closet is even cleaned out...bye bye maternity clothes. They are happily packed away in the attic. The best part about having her here was not only that I didn't have to worry about my kiddos but that I got to go for a run all.by.myself. That's right, no stroller. I haven't run outside without the stroller since before I had Conner. That stroller sure makes a run a lot harder. I never really realized it. It was a great run.

Speaking of running, I clocked how far my normal route is...2.5 miles. I was really hoping it was closer to 3. I get frustrated b/c I can't run very long distances just yet. I know that's normal but I get impatient. It's completely unrealistic for me to think that after not running for a year that I'd be able to just pick up where I left off and get through 3.5-4 miles almost effortlessly. Dumb, dumb, dumb.

Conner has always called me "mama". Forever...well, it started as MA and he sounded like a little goat. Last night, he started saying MOMMY. While I love being mommy, I hate that it just means he's getting older/bigger and needs to graduate from saying "mama". It's like when Parker was brand new, he was just "Par" to Conner and now he's "parter". Excitingly devastating.

The weather is crappy today. It's not raining yet but it will. I'm thinking it might be a gym day (puke). I hate the gym. I feel so dirty when I leave there and I can't imagine the germs that my kids come in contact with. gross. Conner said that he wants to go to the gym instead of riding in the stroller...that means treadmill for me. gross. again. I'm going to try for 3 miles today though. Will those still count if I have to walk a little bit?

Speaking of strollers, BOB has a recall. Get the info here.

What are you looking forward to today or just saying PUKE to?

No comments:

Post a Comment