A lot has changed in 7 days.
My family size grew by 1. Now, I have 2 babies. (note to self...get a family picture asap).
Conner has adjusted to our "change" very well. He loves Parker and is such a sweet brother already. He does not like it if Parker isn't in the same room with us. He wants him right.there. It's precious. When he wants to hold him, he says, "baby" and points to his hand. I could die. When it's time for Conner to take a nap or go to bed for the night, he insists on giving Parker kisses. Once again, I could die. My heart is full.
(sorry for the crappy quality; it's a cell phone pic)

Parker lost his umbilical cord sometime during the night last night. He will get his first (at home) real bath today. I hope he likes it more than his first sponge bath. He hated that but loved the cuddles afterward. (note to self...take more pics of this kind of stuff). See how cute his little belly button is.
Josh has been doing a lot of one on one things with Conner. This is a first for both of them. I don't know who has been enjoying it more. I really, really hate that I've been missing so much of that though. I obviously don't have any photos of any of that stuff b/c I'm not there. I'd ask my MIL but I know SHE won't give me any pics. She (secretly) likes that I'm not around. In fact when she took pics of Parker in the hospital, she made SURE not to include me in any of them. She's such a peach.
Speaking of my MIL. She can actually walk into my house and completely ignore me and Parker. How that's possible, I have NO idea. Have you seen my new baby? He's adorable. I can't imagine ignoring my new grand child. I guess Conner really will always be "the best" (her words, not mine). In fact, when Parker was born she kept telling me that when Conner was born he had such a perfect face. Well, excuse me, but I think that Parker has such a perfect face too. I mean, look at it. I know I shouldn't let it bother me but...
In other changes; I have about 17 pounds to lose. I gained 29. My body has gone from this

To this..

in one week. This gives me hope that I'll be able to get down to my skinny self in no time. If I told you that I wasn't excited to start running/working out again I'd be lying. I'm dying to start running again. I won't until I get the approval from the OB though. There's no reason to not listen to the doctors. That's why they get the big bucks, right?

such precious pics!!!! Parker's hair is so cute!!
ReplyDeleteI LOVE LOVE LOVE the belly button picture. I am so glad that this change is going smoothly. I would love to get my hands on him. I would never walk past something as adorable as that :)
ReplyDeleteIt is certainly a change going from 1 to 2 but I know you guys will adjust and be great! :) Your boys are both perfectly cute! I especially love the belly pic! You have such a talent, I wish you were closer!
ReplyDeleteAnyone that doesn't think Parker has a perfect face is blind! I am so happy Conner is adjusting so well. I am so proud of him, and you! Way to go Mama!
ReplyDeleteYou look great!! You will lose 17lbs in no time!
ReplyDeleteSorry to hear about your MIL, that isnt fun!
He's gorgeous and as long as you think he's perfect..... the peach can go scratch. Your family is all that matters.
ReplyDelete