He's my chunky monkey at 2 weeks

Everyone wants to know how I'm doing. I say that I'm tired but fine. That's not 100% true. It's been a little rough for me. The mommy guilt is almost unbearable at times. I don't hold Parker enough b/c I have Conner and I don't spend as much time w/Conner b/c I have Parker. We haven't been to playgroup or the park or done anything fun (outside of our home) and it just makes me feel like such a crappy mom. We have had company and it's been great because Conner is constantly entertained but that doesn't help with the guilt. I wonder how I'll handle these two kids when everyone goes home. Will I be able to successfully swim or will I just sink and feel like I'm drowning? I don't know; I honestly don't. I do know that I don't want to compromise Parker's immune system so that Conner can go out and live the same life he had before. The Pedi doesn't want me to do that either. I want to have people come here to play for a little while before we actually venture out where all the germs live. I won't lie, having 2 babies is hard. Maybe once I'm allowed to exercise I'll feel better. Time will tell.

>Hang in there, Julie! You are a fantastic mom to both your boys. Adusting from one to two can be a challenge but it does get easier! Make sure you take time for you, too. Hugs!
ReplyDelete>Julie - you are doing fantastic. Ive seen you, you are wonderful with BOTH of your boys. Keep your head up -
ReplyDelete>You are doing a wonderful job. Mommy guilt is rough, but both Conner and Parker will be just fine, you have given them both the most amazing gift, a built in playmate, best friend, partner in crime...You gave them eachother. Feel proud of that, and celebrate each day because you are amazing...And so are they! Sending hugs...
ReplyDelete>Having been there (my kids are 13 mos apart), it DOES get easier. But, well, it gets harder first. I felt a LOT of guilt in the first few months after Leah was born. On one hand, I went crazy not having any time to do anything for myself, but on the other hand, I felt horribly guilty if I DID do anything for myself. I felt like a "good" mom would be spending all of her time doting on one child or the other.I think around six months is when I really started to feel "okay." Leah was becoming more independent, and able to play with Darren. And believe me...I know that that seems an eternity away. And I know I'm saying all the things that everyone says, but don't be afraid to ask for help, and don't forget to take some time for yourself.
ReplyDelete