Thursday, April 8, 2010

>Double Strollers

>I have been researching double strollers so much that my head spins. I do not want a junky one b/c I will be using it nearly daily and because Conner is so young, I will use the double for a while.

When I was searching for my single jogger, it was a no brainer. I had to have the Jeep one and let me say, if you need or want a single jogger (and have a budget) that jeep jogger is the way to go. I absolutely LOVE it. Seriously, I love that thing. Conner also prefered it to the other stroller. For doubles, there are just tons and tons of options...just like for singles.

I have been told that the ONLY way to go for a double is to get a BOB. Ok, for all you non-stroller snobs...the BOB=$$$$. BUT it's good for babies as young as 8 WEEKS (that's what the co says)! I LOVE that. Evidently (I have not seen for myself) the seats are independent of one another and one child can sit up, while the other lays down. The only thing I don't like...the ironman only comes in yellow. puke. haha


The next one I've been looking at is the Baby Jogger Double. It also has independent seating and the price is very much like the BOB. The manufacturer does not list an age on the usage though.


Number 3...The Bumbleride. I LOVE the way these look. The Bumbleride is suitable from infancy up. SCORE! They are also comprable in price to the other two listed. It is also not as wide as the other two I mentioned, also something I really love. I don't want a stroller that is so wide I can't steer it!


SO, what does all of this mean? I need to save some money to get a good double (anyone want to donate to my stroller fund?). I have been looking on Craig's List but it's really slim pickings. Thankfully I have time and I definitely want to have this before tiny man gets here. I don't want to tote two kids to pick one up. If I don't find one on CL I'll just order online.

3 comments:

  1. >A mommy blogger I follow recently picked her double stroller. I think it is your #2, so you can ask her any info if you'd like. Hope that helps!Kellyhttp://babycarterscorner.blogspot.com/2010/01/this-is-how-we-roll.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. >I like the 3rd one the best but I do like that the BOB only has 1 front wheel. It seems like that would make is easier to steer.

    ReplyDelete