Dr. Lawrence asked me how I was doing and I was very honest. I told her that I'm very overwhelmed 95% of my day. I told her that I go from absolutely fine to annoyed and angry very quickly over really petty and stupid things. I do not have thoughts of harming myself or anyone else. I just think that 2 babies is a LOT; it's overwhelming to maintain everything, deal with no sleep because TWO kids are up multiple times and they are both really just babies. She recommended that I take a low dose anti-depressant to help me take the edge off. she said that they will help "even me out". SO, I agreed to the medication. We'll see how I feel in a few weeks. We discussed birth control options. Lord knows I don't want another one any time soon...if ever. I am going to get the mirena in 6 weeks (if I don't chicken out). Until then, I'm on the mini-pill so that I can continue to breast feed Parker. All in all a good appointment and I really love my OB.

>oh I'm so glad you talked to her and hope the meds help a little. i know how overwhelmed i get with one, i can't imagine 2. i am sure you do a fabulous job with those precious boys! don't be too hard on yourself. <3
ReplyDelete>You're an amazing mom & I hope the medication works well you.
ReplyDelete>I know I've said this a million times over at JS, but I absolutely love my Mirena. Obviously, experiences vary, but I didn't think having it put in was that bad at all. I do think of you often; I hope things get better for you.
ReplyDelete