Wednesday, August 18, 2010

>One Month

>One month ago (yesterday..day late, I know) God gave us Parker. He's such a sweet, laid back baby. He made my heart grow and I had no idea that I had any more room for MORE love but I did. Thank you Parker for being such a good baby. You're precious and I love you.
At one month Parker can roll from belly to back, can roll from back to side, SMILE, eat, poop and sleep. :)



Parker had his 4 week appt on Monday. He weighs 10lbs 5oz and is 20.75 inches long. A few weeks ago, I noticed that when he stuck his tongue out, it creased and looked like a heart. I mentioned it to Josh and he (of course) blew if off as though it was nothing and I was over reacting. Well, I asked Dr. Babu to look at his tongue and sure enough (mommy was right) the frendulum was too short and needed to be cut. I almost died. I wanted to throw up, but I didn't. She suggested that we go ahead and do the procedure; after all we were already there and it is better to do it early instead of waiting. Evidently, having a tight frendulum can cause speech problems and she was shocked that he was doing so well nursing and I had not had any problems. Conner was with me, so I took him out of the room during the procedure. I knew when they held Parker's head still because people on the other side of town could hear his screaming. It was not a pain scream, it was a pissed scream. Immediately after the procedure he nursed and has been doing great ever since. I did give him a dose of tylenol to help with discomfort. He has realized that he has more range of motion with his tongue and he has started to stick it out. Cute, huh? I just need to get that and his adorable smile on camera!

5 comments:

  1. >There is so much love in your heart for your kids. <3 You are truly a spectacular mom to your angels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. >Oh poor Parker, i'm glad he's okay! I've heard it's pretty common. He is absolutely perfect Julie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. >You are such a great mom. Full of soooo much love for your boys! They are precious. And yes, I am ready for football. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. >OH my GOD! I cannot IMAGINE! I would die if I heard that cry!

    ReplyDelete
  5. >chloe had to have her tongue clipped too, but they refused to do it at the pedi's office. by the time we got the referral to the ent and an acutal appointment it was too late for breastfeeding. i'm so glad to hear parker is doing well nursing and they fixed his little tongue on the spot!

    ReplyDelete