Friday, December 11, 2009

Strep Throat, really?

Saturday, Conner woke up with a low grade fever and then it spiked so off to the pediatrician we went. The dr looked him over and decided that it was a really bad cold; treat the fever with motrin and keep him comfy. That's what I did. Fast forward to yesterday. He wasn't getting any better and he developed a rash. My first thought was roseola. I called the pedi and the OB. The OB told me that I needed to figure out exactly what was wrong with Conner b/c there are several things that cause rashes that are not safe for pregnant women and I may need to be treated too. We went back to the pedi. The nurse took one look at Conner's rash and immediately did a strep culture. She said that she was almost certain it was strep throat. Guess what? She was right. The dr came in, looked at his rash, checked his ears and throat and sent us home with an RX. He has been spending his time laying on me or crying. He has gotten a lot of use out of his binky. I figured that he doesn't feel well and if that helps, so be it!

Today he is feeling much better and I'm thrilled. I like my happy, independent baby.


2 comments: