Tuesday, December 29, 2009

>Lazy days

>The past few days have been super lazy around here, especially for me. My mom, sister and brother are here and they are definitely keeping Conner busy. It's great because I can relax and do whatever. It's been way too cold to go outside and play so getting creative indoors with a one year old is interesting. Thankfully just changing where we are seems to help. If he gets too fussy in the living room, we go upstairs or to the basement. He has LOTS of toys down there that he hasn't seen in a while. Of course the new Christmas toys have been keeping him busy too. I like him being busy because then I don't have to be his constant entertainment...how awful of me.

Being pregnant with a toddler (so far) isn't too bad. Sure I'm tired but that's nothing new. I haven't slept in 14mos anyway so really, there's no difference. I feel really great and wouldn't even know I was pregnant if I didn't know. Does that even make sense? I don't really have time to dwell on being pregnant; Conner keeps me super busy and on my toes. I am constantly running after him, and I mean running. He's fast and knows what he shouldn't be getting into. He's at a great age though; I'll definitely miss this stage of his life.

Here's the little man with my mom and sister. He loves to be upside down



5 comments:

  1. >haha look at his hair!!!! Are you allowed to get it cut yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. >you look great!! I bet this pregnancy is 100% different from the first pregnancy -- i remember having tons of time thinking about how life will change, what i want to do with the nursery, etc etcAnd i'm still baffled by the fact that he's still not sleeping through the night though....does your pedi recommend any ideas you can try?

    ReplyDelete
  3. >So far, it's been exactly the same...well except the down time. I feel the same as I did with Conner, same symptoms, everything. The pedi doesn't have any suggestions b/c he will just scream all night long and not go to sleep. She said that he will outgrow it. I'm ready for all of his teeth to be in (he has 12 and is working on the last 4). After that, he won't have an excuse!

    ReplyDelete
  4. >LOL! isabel only has 2 teeth! we had a horrible time getting back on schedule after the 10 days away from home -- we pretty much let her cry it out when we first got back. the first night was awful - lots of screaming and wailing but we had to steel our hearts against picking her up. She slowly got back to her routine after a couple of nights.

    ReplyDelete