Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Halfway (plus a few days)

I started the Project 10 challenge in Jan and have truly loved every minute of it. My initial goal was not to lose a bunch of weight; I know that the number on the scale is not the end all be all. I just want(ed) to get some of my muscle back. I got with my good friend, Mallory and she helped me create my goal and has been an amazing support person to me over the last 49 days or so. I haven't shared much about it here, mainly b/c I am just busy being a mom, photographer, wife, chef, maid, chauffer...you know the mom stuff and my blog just gets pushed to the back burner. I decided that I did want to take some time today to talk about how this is changing not only my body but also my attitude. When I joined the challenge, I was constantly in a funk. I was not happy with anything. I was added to a private FB group....it's filled with positivity, motivation and FUN. I have helped other people start their road to a healthier version of themself and I have gotten my monthly kit for FREE. Best of all, I feel amazing...so much like myself. I'm not even on my antidepressants anymore. I'm a better mom, wife...all of it. The scale has not gone down that much and I'm ok with that. I have lost inches....and not 2 or 3 but 7 and I'm only halfway done with this 90 day challenge! I have been working out and I'm so glad that I trusted Mallory and jumped into this. It really feels great to take care of myself again.

Here's some photo proof of my inches lost. I still have a ways to go but I'm so thrilled with my progress (5lbs and 7 inches).




2 comments: