Monday, December 23, 2013

Shakin' it up


A few months ago, one of my very good friends started posting photos of her w/these shakes on FB and instagram. I dismissed it for a while and then I was intrigued. I messaged her and asked her about these shakes. I could tell she had lost some weight but I notice more that she had lost inches and her body had changed. I looked at her page and saw the price and thought. Oh, no way. I was not interested in drinking my meals anyway. A few more weeks went by (and I had visited her page a few times) and I decided to text her again about it to get more info. She sent me the link to her page again and that time, I watched the challenge video on the home page. It caught my attention...and I continued to think about these shakes. Then, I decided to try it. I needed something easy (and cooking 5 times a day or spending the only day that Josh had off prepping just wasn't working). THIS is so easy. The shakes are delish and I liked the results that I had seen (not personally but w/other challengers). I won't lie...I haven't been FULLY doing the challenge for the past 5w but I've decided that I AM going to do this. FULLY. I got my second shape kit and no more half trying. My 90 day goal is to work out more. I have been saying that I need to get up at 5 and work out. I am.

When I got into great shape after Parker was born, I just followed clean eating and I loved the results. I was lifting heavy weights and watching everything I ate. Now, I just don't have the time to cook everything. I was trying to drink protein shakes and was hungry about an hour later. With these VI shakes, I am not hungry for a few hours. You can make them taste how you want them to taste. They even have butterfinger (you just mix it using the recipe!). I don't drink a shake for breakfast and a shake for lunch; but I do drink one for breakfast and another for my afternoon snack...why? Well, that's what works for, ME. I like to snack in the afternoons a lot and I like sweets around 3. SO, I'll make a hot chocolate shake (seriously, it's coconut mik, cooca powder and shake mix...easy!), a reeces pb shake. I get my sweet tooth fix and it's healthy and nutritious! I also LOVE the banana and chocolate shake. SO good. One of the questions I have been asked is "is it expensive". NO! not at all. It's less than $3 per meal...and that's for a nutritious meal, not a junk food meal. It comes right to my door at the beginning of the month. As much as I hesitated to try this, I'm so glad I did.

Who wants to join me in a 90 Day Challenge? Let's meet our goals together!

Chocolate banana shake



oh, and PS, my jeans from college fit again!



No comments:

Post a Comment