I called my OB on Monday b/c she put me on zoloft and I've been having some not so nice side effects. She put me off and told me to get a PCP. To say I was a little miffed is an understatement. I felt like she wasn't taking care of me, she prescribed the medication (that I honestly need and hate admitting that I need it) and yet she doesn't even want to deal with me. Thankfully, my sister in law (thanks Janice) praised her dr and I made an appt. I went in on Tuesday and we have a new plan. I'm weaning off of the zoloft and starting on celexa. I'm really hoping that the new medication works for me. I hate how I feel. I hate that I know I love being a mom but I'm not loving it. My kids are amazing and I adore them but...I don't have any motivation to get off of the couch to do anything. I need that back. They need me to have that back. I DO get off of the couch, I don't have a choice....they are demanding but I certainly don't want to. I want to want to. I want to want to go run, I want to want to go outside. There are moments that I want those things and I will go outside or I will play w/Conner but many times I just don't want to. I feel like everything is so difficult all the time. And maybe it's that way for everyone and I'm just being a baby? I don't know. I do know that I'm very anti-medication and I want this medicine. I want it to help me. Only time will tell...
I have been doing things to try to help myself. I got a great (really cute) new hair cut, I shower and get dressed every day. Some days I even put make up on. I've been making myself go to playgroup and I even hosted the halloween party here on Tuesday. All of those things are beneficial to me. I like the adult interaction and watching my kids play. It makes me feel more human and normal. I have decided that I'm going to join the YMCA. My kids are sick this week (which makes things extra fun) but as soon as they are well, we are going to use the free week to see how they (well mainly Conner) do. I'm excited about that. I need the exercise and it will give my kids time with other little kids. I think we will all win. There is even a mommy and me exercise class on Thursdays that I could take Conner to and that would be special time for just us. I like that. My photography has been picking up again and that gives me something for just me; I also like that. I'm trying.

>I'm proud of you! You're an amazing mom & an amazing woman. I'm always here for you.
ReplyDelete>Big hugs!! I was right there and could have written this same post after #2 and I was only home with the new one while the other was at school. It's normal, everything you described. It happens. You are a wonderful, loving mom and are doing the VERY BEST job with your gorgeous boys! You should be proud! I know one day those boys will be!
ReplyDelete>Hugs! Thanks for sharing your feelings on how you are doing. We are taking about #2 and I know I will be stressed. I hope you get to feeling like your old self very soon and are having a good week!xoKelly
ReplyDelete>good for you for putting this out here! I can tell that the old Julie is coming back and I LOVE it! I missed her! I think you are doing a great job with those little guys! AND can we please {at least me} see this hair cut?!
ReplyDelete>I'm sorry you are dealing with this and I really hope the celexa helps. That is what I am on.
ReplyDelete>I want to see the haircut to!! Big hugs to you for being proactive and taking care of what you need to. That makes you a strong and amazing mom!
ReplyDelete>You wrote exactly how I felt for 15 months, and I only had one baby. I didn't even think to seek medication as I didn't realise that anything was wrong, I thought I just wasn't as capable as other moms. I'm happy to say that I'm feeling myself now. Me feeling normal co-incides with when I stopped nursing a few weeks ago and I put it down to hormones. I'm so proud of the fact that I was able to breastfeed my son for 15 months, but now we've stopped I feel like I can finally be the mom that I'm supposed to be. I want to have another child, but I worry about what might happen to me again. But at least next time I will know what to look out for.I wanted to also say thanks for being so open about what you're going through. It was reading one of your very first posts about it that made me think that it was something that I was experiencing too, and it helped things get better for me. So thanks. You're amazing, xoxox
ReplyDelete>Good for you for getting the help you need! Nothing to be ashamed of. And every mom needs some time for herself A good nights sleep would probably be amazing too. Good luck and hang in there!
ReplyDelete