
Tuesday, September 23, 2008
Small update
I had another appointment today. I have been seeing a new OB in the office and I really like her. She did an internal and my cervix is still closed and I've had no further progess with effacing, both good things. She asked me about my contractions and while I'm awake, I've been keeping up with them. I have been averaging about 20 per 14 hour period, so less than 2 an hour. She wants me to continue with the medication due to the fact that I'm not to term. Her goal is to get me there. I am to remain on bed rest for at least the next 2-3 weeks. She does not anticipate that I will be permitted to go back to work before the baby is born. She said that she does not want me in that environment and she definitely does not think I should be standing on my feet as much as I'd have to. She did tell me that I can do some seated arm exercises and leg lifts, but I have to stay seated. She does not want me on my feet at all. She said that I can go anywhere that I want as long as there is a wheel chair or scooter for me to sit in. All in all, it wasn't a bad appt. I go back next week. Until then, this baby is going to stay where he is and keep cooking!


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
So what causes all this to happen, Julie? Do doctors even know? I thought I had read before that women who have had m/c's have a higher risk going into premature labor. I think you're going to be just fine since everything is looking so good for you. Of course I worry when I get pregnant that it may happen to me, ya know. Shoot I worry about everything. But seeing how great you're doing gives me hope!
ReplyDeletexoxo