Saturday, April 12, 2008

>One pound.

>I'm 9w1d today and it feels great. I've only gained one pound, although the bloat on my tummy would try to argue that. The longer I go, the better I feel about this pregnancy. Of course we still have not told any family members or friends. I tried to tell a very close friend the other day. We were at the nail salon and in walked this very cute pregnant girl. I almost said, "that will be me in a few months". I just couldn't get the words out. I've been trying to tell people for a few weeks; I don't know what my problem is. Hopefully, that will go away and I can comfortably tell people. I refuse to tell anyone until I'm fully comfortable.

My FIL called me on Thursday. We had a very strange conversation. I hate how nosey he and MIL really are. When I'm ready to tell them anything, they will know. Anyway, the coversation was brief. He started it by asking me what MY doctor said. First of all, DH told them HE had an appt. I just played it off like I did not know what he was talking about. I was like, well, I had a chiropractor appt and I got my hair cut (which, by the way is very cute). He said that MIL told him that there was NO way that DH had a dr. appt. He wanted to know if I was giving him a grandchild or getting fertilty. WTF? When did our TTC adventure become any part of thier business? I told him that I was not desperate enough for fertility and that they needed to stop thinking so much before they hurt themselves....Fast forward about an hour....MIL calls. She is out of town. She wants to know what's new. I was like, nothing. I'm just making dinner. Nothing's new. Really, nothing IS new. I've known for over a month that I'm pregnant. I wish they would just back off and let me do this my way.

Now, DH wants to tell. I told him NO! He agreed that when I'm ready we will tell. He just hates lying to people. I told him to get over it. I'm sure my IL's won't be very happy that we waited so long to tell them. Honestly, I don't care. I don't have any desire to tell them, especially after MIL said the most hurtful things to me when I had my miscarriage.

I bought a home doppler to listen to little peanut. Finding the heartbeat is definitly the highlight of my day. There is no better sound than hearing what sounds like a choo-choo train. It always makes me immediately smile. It's so amazing for me to think about what my body is doing right now. There is a real LIVE person in there. Although it's the size of an olive, it has arms and legs and they wiggle. I'm in awe of this whole process. It is such an amazing miracle.

My next ultrasound (NT scan) is on the 30th. I can't wait to see my little peanut again! We will tell after that.

No comments:

Post a Comment