You know the days I'm talking about...the days when the kids that went to bed too late get up too early. Those days when all they do is fight...and it starts just because one looks at the other. Those days when the baby refuses real food, for no good reason; maybe he just wants a bottle. Those days when one child ends up with scratches and a busted mouth from fighting...and it's only 8am. Yep, it's one of THOSE days at our house today. These two precious gifts have fought over the air they breathe. They have stolen food from one another and have tried to create a wwf ring on the couch. Meanwhile, the baby (who just wants to be big and can climb stairs. omg), is trying to get in the mix. I can't even think straight and it's 8am. I want a drink...maybe I'll spike my coffee. Did I mention...it's election day so there's no school. Yep, one of those days. BUT during one of these days, I remind myself that they are little, they need to be taught not yelled at. They need love, not for a mommy to yell. They need extra cuddles, because yes they are tired (and woke up coughing so they probably don't feel well). They need their own space, they are little people and all people have rough mornings and crappy days. So, instead of yelling, I show them some grace. I love them, unconditionally. I have tired days too and days when I don't feel well and I express that by telling them that I'm really tired or don't feel well. They are little; they can't (and don't) always express that verbally but by using behavior. It's grace they need and it's grace I'll give. Now, that doesn't mean that I haven't yelled at one or both of them (seriously, leave the baby ALONE) but I just have to remind myself of the grace that I like extended to me and I try to extend that to them.
this post makes no sense and I know that. whatever. It's tuesday one of those days and I'm tired. I'm going to get more coffee. Happy Tuesday :)

It makes perfect sense to me b/c I get it!!! Hang in there mama!
ReplyDeleteI only have 1 (so far unfortunately) and I totally get it. I was screaming before 8 am today and my child was in tears 3 times. Several toys are making a disappearing act while he's at school today. I'm at my wits end and can't take much more. Hang in there!
ReplyDelete