This week marked the start of weekly
BPPs. On Mondays, I will have an ultrasound and Thursdays I have NSTs. Monday this baby did great; he scored 8 out of 8; Mama left happy. Tuesday night, I started feeling crappy. I wound up with a fever so I called the ob, since I was not sure of the protocol. I should have known...tylenol and fluids, go in the next day. That's what I did. I have an ear infection and she gave me tamiflu as a preventative. I do not have the flu (or mono or any other illness she tested for) but my white count was high, indicating infection (I'm assuming ear). Today was the NST. I'd love to say that I was in and out but I just can't. Basically, the NST measures fetal heart rate, contractions and movement. It determines neurological well being (which I did not know but my ob told me this today). The start of the 'test' determines the baseline heart rate (baby's was 135). They like to see accels in heart rate of 15+, so over 150 and they want 2 of these in 20 mins. Seems easy right? Well, unless you are MY kid then it is hard. It took this kid an HOUR (and the threat of another bpp today) to have 2 in 20 min. Then he had 3 in 10 min. Little stinker. We talked more about the cesarian. I'm starting to feel much better about all of it. Josh will be with me when I get the epidural; its not the same epi meds that I received for Parker's birth and I'll feel pressure but no hot or cold. It will not wear off for 10-12 hours (which sucks) but after it does, they will get me out of bed, which I want. If I make it to March 6, the surgery will be scheduled for 8am, meaning I will get to the hospital at 5:30. Part of me hopes to make it to the scheduled date and another part doesn't want to be pregnant for that long...and it's only 3 more weeks so not long at all.
I asked her about his growth as well. She said to really get good growth progression you need 4 weeks of scans. I don't have that. I will have 2 weeks on Monday. If for some reason some part of him is growing and another part is not, they will do the surgery early. If he's just still all over little, they will leave him alone.I guess I'll pack my bag this weekend and finish the baby room/clothes?
For good measure: 36w.

Big hugs my friend. You look awesome as usual. :)
ReplyDeleteYOu look great! I am cracking up because some days I'd be out of those NST's in like 20 minutes. And other days, I'd be there for like an hour and a half. Those kids just don't listen.
ReplyDeleteAnd I am also laughing because I when i saw your picture on FB yesterday, I was like, ohhhh, she's going to be there for awhile because there were no accels on there yet!!!
I love the belly
ReplyDeleteI had to go twice a week for ultrasounds and NSTs too. It's a lot of work but totally worth it! Still praying for you!
ReplyDelete